The Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) gives consumers the guarantee that certified Microgeneration Certification Scheme products and the MCS installers of those products have conformed to a set of rigorous standards. To qualify for financial incentives such as the Renewable Heat Incentive, Green Deal and Feed in Tariffs, both the Renewable Installer & Renewable Technology must carry the MCS Certification mark.
Domestic Properties account for around 27% of the UK's carbon emissions, and therefore present a major opportunity for curbing climate change. Many domestic consumers want to increase their energy efficiency and contribute to a low carbon economy whilst also benefiting from cost savings and renewable financial incentives. The Microgeneration Certification Scheme offers a range of technically advanced low carbon and renewable technologies that will help to:
- provide consumers with energy sources that utilise existing natural resources;
- contribute to the future security of our the UK's energy supplies;
- work towards developing a low carbon economy;
- reduce UK's dependancy on energy imports; and
- addressing fuel poverty by reducing the cost of energy in the long term.
Information is available across the site on the MCS Certified Technologies available by using the navigation bar at the top or side of the page. Please check the FAQ's section for any questions you might have, or speak to a member of our MCS Certification Team on 0124 478 4260.